Tuesday 14 May 2013

The Osbourne Village: Wasabi Sushi Bistro

Last night I was really hungry. I didn't (and still do not) have any real food in the house to cook with (plus I'm still getting used to everything).  Needless to say, this results in eating out A LOT. So pardon my millions of posts for the next few weeks while I get settled. So anywho, back to last night. Hungry. Needed sustenance. I decided that I was in the mood for sushi and instead of looking up the best sushi restaurant in the neighbourhood like I probably should have, I decided to just take a stroll down Osbourne in the village area (which I keep writing as Obsourne - sigh).

Wasabi Sushi Bistro (on Osbourne) 


 The first sushi place I found was Wasabi Sushi Bistro located between Stradbrook and River on Osbourne.  It looked clean and people were eating there, so I decided it probably wasn't going to kill me and decided to get an order to go.  The waitress was very pleasant and gave me a take out menu and I ordered a Dynamite Roll, a Will-San Roll (spicy mayo, avocado, cucumber and salmon) and a miso soup.  All of this was $23 dollars; a bit on the pricey side.  But, I figured if it was good it would warrant it's price.

I received my order very promptly, probably after about 10 minutes of waiting.  I took it home and was saddened to see that the quantity for $23 was very, VERY small.  Regardless of the portion size, it was enough to get me full, which is what I needed.  The Will-San roll was very tasty, but I found the nori to be very chewy.  The dynamite roll was small and  disgusting. The shrimp was not freshly deep-fryed and you could tell. Ick!  The miso soup was acceptable, but not the best I've had.  The other thing I found is that I felt a bit queasy after eating it and a bit bloated.   I found it interesting that looking on Urbanspoon afterwards, another reviewer mentioned the same thing.

It appears that in the area there is probably better sushi at a lower cost.  I'm going to make sure I try them!

4/10

Wasabi Sushi Bistro on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Halley! I just approved your blog claim. Now your Urbanspoon profile picture is displayed on your blog page. You can upload a blog-specific photo if you prefer, and can change a few other blog settings there. Also, if you vote for a restaurant that you've reviewed on your blog, we now show your vote next to your post everywhere on our site.

    http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/332/10978/Winnipeg/Win-Win-Winnipeg.html

    Best,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete